AMC is currently showing the Bond movies, including something they call their DVD-TV versions. I'm a big fan of the Bond movies. Yes, I even like the Roger Moore movies. I saw Moonraker at the movies when I was a kid, and Octopussy was one of the first movies I ever saw with without the accompaniment of parents. I'm not a big fan of the DVD-TV versions of the movies. Basically, it's like Pop-up TV, with little tidbits of information about the movie running throughout. I find this annoying as hell and difficult to ignore. The information is interesting, but I'd rather just watch the movie, even though I've seen them all a million times before.
I love the Sean Connery movies the best. He remains the best Bond ever. I hope the new Bond, Daniel Craig, can carry the role ahead. At least he'll be working with original material, Casino Royale, the first Bond novel. Although I think Pierce Brosnan did a fine job portraying Commander Bond, the quality of his scripts left something to be desired.
AMC was running an online poll earlier, asking people's opinion of the best Bond Girl. I didn't participate in the poll, but here are my top three choices, along with other favorites.
3. You Only Live Twice
1. From Russia with Love
Best Title Song:
3. You Only Live Twice
2. From Russia with Love
3. James Bond - "I must be dreaming." In response to Honor Blackman saying, "I'm Pussy Galore." (Goldfinger)
2. James Bond - "That gun looks more fitting for a woman." Emilio Largo - "You know much about guns, Mr Bond?" James Bond - "No, I know a little bit about women." (Thunderball)
1. Fatima Blush - "Oh! How reckless of me, I made you all wet." James Bond - "Yes, but my martini's still dry." (Never Say Never Again)
Best Bond Girl:
3. Daniella Bianchi as Tatyana Romanova in From Russia with Love
2. Izabella Scorupco as Natalya Simonova in Goldeneye
1. Tania Mallet as Tilly Masterson in Goldfinger
Tilly Masterson only plays a small part in the overall movie, but to me Tania Mallet is the beyond question the best looking of all the Bond girls. You'll notice that I leave out some of the more obvious choices, like Halle Berry, Denise Richards, Sophie Marceau, and Famke Janssen. Call it personal preference.
So what's your opinion?