Thursday, November 08, 2007

Revised Terms and Conditions

Yesterday, I received a set of revised Terms and Conditions for my credit card.

It seems the new penalty rate for being late twice in six months is now 35%.

35% interest. Nice racket.

This is the face of evil, children. There really are monsters in the world. They issue credit cards.

Meanwhile, the US national debt topped $9 Trillion dollars.

This is the other face of evil. There really really are monsters. They run for office.

Update: Speak of the devil!

I have to add here that you should always wade through your terms and conditions. They are written in such a way as to discourage this. They don't want you to read them, because if you did, you might discover that you have the option to opt out of the 35% penalty interest rate by writing a letter and sending it to them before a certain date. Thanks, I certainly shall. And to be certain they get it, I'll send 10 copies of the letter.

No comments: