Monday, July 20, 2009

Flush Month

Summertime and the livin's easy. Catfish are jumpin', and the good times keep rolling in. So far this month I've put up 5 quarts of peaches, 6 quarts of peas, and 9 quarts of creamed corn. Tonight I'll be canning beans. We also have a counter covered with tomatoes, some of the ugliest and best tomatos I've ever grown, though certainly not the largest. Four of my plants came from here this year, including the purple calabash - an enormous, sprawling plant which produces an insane number of small, hideously deformed tomatoes in Joker purple-and-green.

And as predicted, July is also the month for short fiction. I just sold another story to Murky Depths.

Now, if only an agent will sign on to represent my novel, everything will be swell.

Remember to flush.

No comments: