Thursday, July 02, 2009

Have You Seen My Pussy?*

When will the celebrity slaughter end?

R.I.P. Mollie Sugden, aka. Mrs. Betty Slocombe on the long-running British comedy Are You Being Served. She is one celebrity whose passing I will truly mourn.




* If you aren't familiar with the show, Mrs. Slocombe is always worried about her cat, which she refers to as her pussy. In one of the funniest scenes in all of television, the staff is asked to remain in the store after closing. Mrs. Slocombe is, as always, concerned that her cat will be worried if she doesn't arrive home at her usual time. So she calls her neighbor on the telephone and asks him if he would, "Go around to my door, peep through the letter box, and tell me if you can see my pussy."

Pure comedy gold. And blue and purple and pink.

No comments: